Easy Tips to Remember While Buying a Domain Name
In this age of technology, owning a website for your company is very important. A website acts like a gateway to reach out to your clients and also for your clients to reach out to you. This probably wouldn’t have happened without technology given the physical distance between you and your clients.
Building a website is generally an easy task. However, deciding the branding of your website or the domain name can be a little harder if you don’t have an idea about what you are set to do.
Choosing a domain name is simple but choosing the right kind of domain name goes a long way in making your business a huge success. It is common for businesses to choose domain names that include the nature of the business. For example if one has a business of selling electronic items, then one would choose a domain name like www.abcelectronics.com. Although at the outset, this may sound like a good name, it may not be a wise choice for your brand image. While picking a domain name, it is very important to consider whether it is good enough so that people will remember it and how it is going to rank in search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. Keyword ranking and website content are also affected by your domain name.
Whether your business thrives solely on a website and online marketing or if it is a traditional business not such an impactful online presence, the fact it that internet plays a key role in establishing a business today. Some use the internet for online marketing and advertising only but some use it to even host an entire grocery store! So it is essential to choose the right domain name to have the correct impact on web visitors and to make your business successful online. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind while choosing a domain name of your company.
Do’s and Don’ts
1. Choose a domain name that is catchy, draws attention and is easy to remember
2. Keep the domain name short. Short domain names with 4-12 characters are easy to recollect
3. Try using your core keyword in your domain name. This will help your website rank better
4. Always keep options open. There could be a chance that your domain name has already been taken.
5. Always take a .com extension. They are popular and easy to remember
6. Know the amount you would want to spend on the domain name
1. Never choose a domain name which is too complicated and difficult to remember
2. Do not use multiple keywords in your domain name
3. When you buy a domain name, don’t forget to check its age and rank on Google
4. Don’t choose an extension that would sound odd in your country
5. Don’t be in a hurry to finalize your domain name. Be patient and do your research well
6. Don’t choose a domain name based only on your website. Consider the nature of your business and your company image as well
Often, finding a domain name that is perfect for your business becomes a sticky job; considering the number of people and businesses who try to get a domain name every day. It is always better to try different combinations of keywords and choices while trying to keep the domain name short, sweet and easy to remember.
The length, catch phrase, determining the extension and setting a budget are key things to bear in mind while choosing a domain name. Just like one thinks while hiring an employee, it is important to note points beyond the obvious. If you are not sure about how to buy a domain name for your business, it is better to consult a web hosting or domain name company
This article is copyright
Images supplied and available to download from Dreamstime.com